Jun 26, 2008

BULLS-CD GUADALAJARA POST-GAME

Good result for the Red Bulls, who travel tomorrow to Los Angeles in preparation for their match against Chivas USA. Here is some post-game reaction:

New York Red Bulls head coach Juan Carlos Osorio

On the game:
First of all, we’re very pleased with the result. The guys played really well, especially in the first half. We had a plan and the plan was to start with a strong starting line and then in the second half, give a chance to everybody. Maybe the quality dropped a little bit, but we still battled and competed against them very well and limited them to very few chances. In the first half, I think we did enough to probably did enough to increase the scoreline and I think in the end, great individual performances, great commitment, great effort from the guys playing against a top opponent. So, I’m very pleased with the result and the performance.

On the goal:
Sinisa (Ubiparipovic) is very capable of seeing a pass and executing it and Oscar (Echeverry) just put away. In general, I think that it was a very good reward for Oscar for all of his hard work, putting his injury aside and battling back into the team. I’m very pleased for him.

On building momentum to Saturday’s match against Chivas USA:
It is a good boost of confidence for the team. I think we have been competing really well and performing really well lately so great result for the guys and the locker room is very pleased and happy.

New York Red Bulls midfielder Sinisa Ubiparipovic

On Oscar Echeverry’s goal:
I made the run for Hunter and I saw him receive the ball. I ran towards the open space and made the run, got to the ball, crossed the ball back to Oscar … and he finished it off well.

On playing at the University of Phoenix Stadium:
I think the stadium is unbelievable. As we all know, it’s one of the best stadiums in the country if not the best. The grass is magnificent and the stadium itself is great.

New York Red Bulls defender John Gilkerson


On making his first team debut:
It’s big. I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. I didn’t think it would come this soon but I thank Coach for letting me have the opportunity to let me in there and it was great to get a game under my belt. Even though it wasn’t an MLS game, it was still my first professional game. It was good to be out there, good atmosphere, good fans.

On the physicality of the game:
I knew that they would come out and be physical. No matter the circumstances, a game is a game but it did get a little bit out of hand a little bit, but that’s what happens when you’re in the heat of the battle.

New York Red Bulls midfielder Gordon Kljestan

On recently signing with the Red Bulls:
I was thrilled once I found out they were offering me a contract. It was a dream come true because I played at Seton Hall and I always followed the Red Bulls. As a kid, the Galaxy was my team and then slowly, the Red Bulls became my team so I was happy (when I signed).

We'll talk to you in LA LA land!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What players were on the bench for this game against the Chivas of Guadalajara and were not used?

What are their names?

One must be the GK Patterson.